With all the Recipes I share, you probably doubt that I have a really hard time figuring out what to cook for dinner. But, I do! It wasn’t me who came up with the idea to make these Cream Cheese Filled & Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
I make every effort to organize my week but life happens. Half of the time when I go grocery shopping, it’s an emergency run. I have to buy a week worth of groceries because we’re nearly out, and I fit it in between my one chance to go to the bathroom in the morning and the hour I have left before the triplets get home from school. I price check as I race through the aisles and often end up buying staple items I know I can do something with. I buy a lot of chicken. Sure, there are the weeks when I have a plan and shop with a list, but the reality is, my priorities change throughout the day. Every day. Call me flexible. It’s how I manage this crazy life of mine. I also rely on support from others, especially when it comes to what I’m cooking for dinner. We have a lot of people in and out of my house throughout the day, for the triplets’ therapy. I frequently ask them what they are cooking for dinner, because I can’t even imagine what I’ll cook.
On soccer practice days, if dinner is not already done by 3:00 p.m., then I absolutely need something quick and easy! I call people, send texts, and even ask neighbors. I often ask the therapists! It’s funny too, because many of them are only cooking for one or two people, but sometimes they have the best ideas! The other day, I asked Sam, what she was cooking for dinner. She wasn’t sure but I think I started to beg her to help me brainstorm something quick. She told me about a dish she made that week from a recipe she got somewhere on the internet. I made some slight modifications to simplify the dish as much as possible. I’m a huge fan of 5 Ingredient Meals! Dinner was a huge success. It was quick, easy, and hardly involved any clean up. I posted a picture on Instagram, shared to Facebook, and several people asked me to share the recipe. I promised I would. Enter, this post. Thanks, Sam!
- 2 – 4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 8oz. package of Cream Cheese
- 1-2 bunches of fresh Chives
- 1 Package of Bacon
- 1-2 teaspoons of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese with a fork for easier spreading.
- Wash and dice desired quantity of chives. (For 4 breasts, I used 2 bunches, but we really love chives!)
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts.
- Butterfly cut each breast half.
- Sprinkles all sides of the chicken with salt.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese over the entire cut side of your chicken breast halves.
- Add a layer of your diced chives. More if you love them, less if you don’t.
- Roll the breasts halves as tightly as you can, inwards towards the cream cheese and chives layers.
- Wrap each rolled breast half in raw bacon so that the bacon completely covers the rolled breast halves. If needed, you can use toothpicks to hold rolled breasts and bacon together.
- Cook in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. (optional: turn the breasts over half way through cooking)
- After 30 minutes, change the oven temperature to broil (low, if your oven has that option) and broil for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve alone, or with your favorite sides.
- ***PRO TIP*** Only slice what you are serving. Refrigerate remaining amount and use as a quick lunch for the next day. After refrigeration, the chicken can be cut perfectly into deliciously thin slices!
What are your favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes?
By: Alicia Gonzalez