This interview with Kika Rocha has been sponsored in partnership with JCPenney. #justgotjingled
Kika Rocha was such a pleasure to speak with! She has some great advice on just about everything! Of course, she is well known for her amazing style and fabulous tips for keeping us looking and feeling our best. We had the opportunity to talk to her about motherhood, fashion, and of course, her favorite gifts of the Season! Check out the video to see her favorite items. She shared with us the little emergency she had the morning of our interview and reminded us that she is going through the same things all moms experience in parenting. Some of her great advice included the following:
On Parenting & Life
- Always have extra help
- Have good friends and neighbors
- Be nice to people because we never know when that person might need you or you might need that person
- You can always find five minutes in the morning. Wake up five minutes earlier and put a little moisturizer on your face.
- Sometimes you really have to think one size bigger, and you actually look slimmer. You can pair them with cute leggings or a skirt.
- Starting your day with a little bit of hot water and lime juice really helps to cleanse, keep you going, and lose weight, too!
Kika’s Gift Ideas
- Disney Plush Toys such as Frozen, Elsa, all under $50.00.
- Nike sweatshirts, also under $50.00.
- Pajamas by Liz Claiborne are a classic gift for the women in your life!
- Classic knit sweaters. St. John’s Bay has classic knit sweaters.
- Arizona has a cute option with a hashtag.
- Scarves with printed animals.
- Necklace, ring, pendants under $200.00.
- Gadgets: Coffee mug that keeps your coffee warm all day. All-in-one-tool. Both under $20.00
For more great tips from Kika, be sure to visit www.justgotjingled.com Join in on the fun and share your own tips by using #justgotjingled throughout Social Media!
ABOUT KIKA ROCHA:
Maria Francisca “Kika” Rocha is the former fashion and beauty director of People en Espanol (2002-2013). A frequent fashion and beauty expert featured on Univision, Telemundo and CNN en Espanol, she is the first ever Hispanic Beauty & Fashion Editor featured twice in Women’s Wear Daily WWD since 2011. For the past nine years, Kika has been a red carpet personality on award shows including the Latin Grammys, Premios Lo Nuestro, Premios Juventud, Premios Billboard Latinos and Premios El Soberano. She has been featured as a fashion, beauty and style consultant on shows including ““Dale Con Ganas” and “Nuestra Belleza Latina.”
She currently hosts a weekly TV beauty segment called “Belleza al día con Kika” in Telemundo’s morning show “Un Nuevo Día” and is the current fashion judge on reality show, “Colombia’s Next Top Model,” a franchise of America’s Next Top Model created by Tyra Banks. Kika created a beauty and style blog called DeTaconesyMas that gathers all her famous #tipsdekika based on her expert advice, DIY and at-home tips. She has been approached by Random House Group (Publishing) to share her expertise in beauty, fashion and style in a book that is in the works and will tentatively be released in 2015.
By: Alicia Gonzalez