Add some of your fruit mixture to a cup or bowl, then pour a desired amount of crema over the fruit. You’ll notice in the top picture there is barely a glaze of the crema on that spoon. Well, that’s because the picture looked beautiful like that. The truth is, most people prefer their bionico drenched in the crema. I certainly do! The picture below is of Pedro’s bionico. He obviously wanted extra crema.
What is your favorite traditional dish? Share in the comments!
If you liked this recipe, you might also like to check out these!
Bionicos Recipe: Traditional Guadalajara Style
- 1 Bag or Box of your favorite granola
- 2/3 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Fresh Cut Fruit **to taste** (such as bananas, apples, strawberries, cantaloupe, mango, papaya, pineapple, and grapes)
- shredded coconut
- shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- Stir the evaporated milk, condensed milk, sour cream, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla into a bowl.
- Add the “crema” mixture into a sealed container.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cut your preferred fresh fruit according to your portion and size preferences, then and add to a cup or bowl.
- Pour your desired amount of crema over the fresh cut fruit.
- Top with granola, shredded coconut, and shaved semi-sweet chocolate.
- Store “crema” reserve in fridge for up to five days.
By: Alicia Gonzalez